Regular Council meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at Town Hall at 10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee. View the Calendar for upcoming meetings.
Town Council Meetings are also televised. Tune in live at 6:00 p.m. on local Channel 18.
Town Council Minutes are posted on the website.
Participating at a Council meeting can be a daunting prospect. The public is a vital part of the process and the Town would like to encourage you to speak out on the issues facing the Town. The Guide to Town Council Meetings has been prepared to help take some of the mystery out of the public process.
| Overview of 2017 Town Council
Retreat and Priorities
2017 Council Mission StatementProtect and enhance Truckee’s quality of life by ensuring that growth and our capital investments enhance our environmental, social and cultural character and ensure long-term economic viability.
2017 Council Goals
- Revitalize the downtown core and the Truckee River through strategic partnerships leveraging public and private resources.
- Expand bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure with a focus on connectivity using Measure R to leverage additional public and private resources.
- Increase the availability of "locals" housing through policy development, prioritization of resources, identification of new funding sources and pursuit of regional collaboration and partnerships.
- Facilitate communication, collaboration and cooperation among all government entities providing services in Truckee.
- Develop a public transportation strategy, including funding mechanisms, that supports the Regional Transit Vision and provides a reliable and convenient alternative to the private automobile.
- Promote the retention and expansion of existing businesses and the establishment of new business through strategic partnerships.
- Seek efficiencies in provision of services to improve Truckee's quality of life and free up resources for use on strategic initiatives.
Town Council Handbook